Stage One, the charity committed to developing and supporting the next generation of producers for the theatre industry, is launching an online fund-raising theatre auction called WEST END LOTS on Friday 4 November, which will continue until 24 February 2012.
West End Lots offers theatre lovers a chance to bid for utterly unique theatrical experiences and memorabilia generously donated by members of the theatrical community, with all proceeds raised by the auction going directly to Stage One. Bidding for these magical opportunities and highly original items will help Stage One to continue to identify and nurture the next generation of theatrical entrepreneurs through its Apprentice Schemes, workshops, bursaries and the practical support its gives to new theatre producers.
Current confirmed auction lots of theatrical experiences include:
- A once-in-a-lifetime chance to play a walk on part in the triumphant Jerusalem with Mark Rylance and Mackenzie Crook
- Two VIP tickets to the glamorous 2012 Olivier Awards at the Royal Opera House, an invitation to the exclusive after show party and a night in a top London Hotel
- Two tickets to the Press Night and Party of Long Day’s Journey Into Night with David Suchet
- Two Tickets to the Press Night and Party of La Soirée, the internationally successful cabaret spectacular, plus dinner
- Four family tickets and a chance to meet the cast of Wicked
- A pair of tickets to Rock of Ages, and a backstage meet and greet with the cast, plus dinner and a stay in a 4 star hotel
- An exclusive dance class with Dirty Dancing’s Johnny Castle and a pair of tickets to the show in Manchester, plus a stay at the Radisson Edwardian
- VIP tickets in the Royal Box to West End legend, The Mousetrap, with complimentary champagne
- Tickets to Stomp, the RSC hit show Roald Dahl’s Matilda The Musical and Potted Panto
Theatrical memorabilia on offer so far includes:
- The TS Eliot poem quoted in Butley, signed by Dominic West together with a signed photo
- The Armani tie worn by Christian Slater in Swimming with Sharks
- Two original signed illustrations by Mackenzie Crook, and inspired by Jerusalem
- The Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary programme and My Fair Lady artwork signed by Sir Cameron Mackintosh
- The poster and playtext of Much Ado About Nothing, signed by David Tennant and Catherine Tate
- Signed script of Driving Miss Daisy with Vanessa Redgrave and James Earl Jones
- An original drawing of Leonard Rossiter by Clive Francis
The site is LIVE NOW! The website auction.stageone.uk.com has details on how to place bids and all the latest updates on new auction lots as they become available.
Follow the auction on Twitter @westendlots